Welcome to Year 4!
Your class teachers are Miss Boniface and Miss Butt.
PE is on Mondays and Fridays, please ensure that your child comes to school in the correct kit on these days.
Year 4 Home Learning
- Please continue to read daily and talk about what you have read with someone. You can make up your own questions and find the answers and write a book review.
- “Bug club” is available for all pupils’ and allocations have been updated.
- Learn to read, spell and use the common exception words which can be found at the front of your reading record.
- Enjoy writing creative stories, letters to stay in contact with loved ones and keep a diary.
- Please see below on this class page in reference to Varjak Paw comprehension learning.
- Learn all the times tables and their related facts, for example, 7 x 6 = 42……42 ÷ 7 = 6
- Practise adding and subtracting 3-digits from 4-digits.
- Practise multiplying and dividing 2/3-digits and 1-digit numbers.
- “My maths” is available to practise all curriculum areas of maths and to complete the online homework set.
- Our current focus in Science this term is ‘food chains’. We have started to look at different food chains, such as: leaf – ladybird- bird- fox. We would like you to draw and label a food chain of your choice.
Resources for Home Learning
Home Learning Plans
Children will be given spellings to learn each Tuesday and will also be tested on the previous week's spellings. Whitehall's spellings sheet enables you to see how well your child has performed in their spelling test as well as informing you of the current week's spellings.
Reading is a very important part of the curriculum. At Whitehall we encourage children to read for pleasure. In Key Stage 2 we encourage them to become independent readers. We ask children to aim to read at home with an adult a minimum of three time per week.
The school has now set up Bug Club. The children should be encouraged to use it regularly in addition to their normal home reading. It is a very good way for them to practise their comprehension skills.
Each week the children will receive homework tasks:
Spellings will be handed out on a Tuesday for the following Tuesday.
Literacy, Topic or Maths will be set on a Friday to be handed in the following Wednesday.
Times Tables should be practised regularly.