To understand aspects of physical and human geography and the impact of those on how we live
- An ambitious progressive skills map charting national curriculum geography skills and knowledge objectives
- Exploring lines of enquiry of key human and physical processes
- Fieldwork; knowledge of how/ what things happen, when, and factors that influence this and the impact
- Children develop relevant locational, place and environmental knowledge in relation to topics covered.
- Children are able to observe and distinguish between physical and human geographical features, both in real life and through map representations.
- Children are engaged with a range of different map types and utilise these to support their understanding of geographical features and changes.
- Children undertake case studies and field work to cement their understanding of topics, through the study of real-life examples.