To understand the way the past impacts upon the future and how sources and artefacts influence viewpoints
- An ambitious progressive skills map of key events and people from history
- A chronological framework of events and people
- Questioning bias and source material
- Following lines of enquiry (past in context of present)
- Children are able to respond to historical sources and artefacts, building their knowledge of historical concepts.
- Children are able to question the bias of source material and consider the impact of this on their own perspective
- Children are able to reflect on contemporary global issues in relation to significant events and periods studied.
- Children can use knowledge organisers to support their understanding of significant events and people, and refer to these during independent work.